What is the difference between Built-In and Repository
- Built-in: all information is stored locally in the Job. You can enter and edit all information manually.
- Repository: all information is stored in the repository.
You can import read-only information into the Job from the repository. If you want to modify the information, you must take one of the following actions:
- Convert the information from Repository to Built-in and then edit the built-in information.
- Modify the information in the Repository. Once you have made the changes, you are prompted to update the changes into the Job.
In which case to use Built-In and Repository:
- Use Built-In for information that you only use once or very rarely.
- Use Repository for information that you want to use repeatedly in multiple components or Jobs, such as a database connection.