The following tables provide information on the recommended Java Environment you should download and install to use your Talend product.
The Compiler Compliance Level corresponds to the Java version used for the Job code generation. This option can be changed in the Studio preferences. For more information, see the Talend Studio User Guide.
In the following documentation:
- recommended: designates an environment recommended by Talend based on our experiences and customer usage;
- supported: designates a supported environment for use with the listed component or service;
- supported with limitations: designates an environment that is supported by Talend but with certain conditions explained in notes.
Studio Java environments
|Support type||JRE Version||Note|
|Recommended||OpenJDK 8||Recommended distribution: Zulu|
|Recommended||Oracle 8||Studio JDK Compiler Compliance Level 1.8 (default)|
Server Java environments
The server modules include:
- Talend Administration Center
- Talend Artifact Repository
- Talend Data Preparation
- Talend ESB Servers
- Talend Log Server
- Talend Repository Manager
- Talend Runtime
|JRE Version||Talend JobServer||Talend MDM Server||Talend ESB/Talend Runtime||Talend ESB/Microservices||Big Data Distributions||Talend Server Application||Comment/Limitation|
|OpenJDK 8||(R)||(R)||(R)||(R)||Compatible with Java 1.8||(R)||Recommended distribution: Zulu|
|Oracle 8||(R)||(R)||(R)||(R)||Compatible with Java 1.8||(R)||Compatible with Studio JDK Compiler Compliance Level 1.8|