Once you have defined a match rule and then attached the match rule to a specific entity of a data model in Talend Studio, you can check whether the match rule works well from Talend MDM Web UI.
When you run the validation task on the Customer data records in the staging area:
- Similar staging data records that belong to the same Customer entity are matched according to the criteria you have defined in the match rule.
- If two or more data records are similar enough, they are merged into a golden record.
A task is created in Talend Data Stewardship for each golden record whose status is not 205. The status 205 indicates that the record successfully passed the MDM validation phase and also exists in the master database.
However, the Talend Data Stewardship task is not created if the golden record is built by a group with only one staging data record.
- The validated golden record whose status is 205 is written into the master database.
For more information about the integrated matching process, see the Talend MDM Web UI User Guide.
Before you begin
- You have been assigned an MDM role with the appropriate user authorization and access rights.
- The staging Customer data container has already been populated with customer data collected from different sources.
You have been granted access rights to the merging tasks.
For more information about credentials in Talend Data Stewardship, see Defining roles in the Merging campaign.