An LDAP user is automatically created/updated as a result of a successful LDAP authentication login. The user/password combination must be valid for the LDAP authentication connection definitions and query rules.
Before you begin
- You have signed in as a user assigned to the Administrators or Security Administrators group.
You have already created a user.
- Go to .
- In the Authentication field of the toolbar, select LDAP from the drop-down list.
- Click the Configure authentication icon next to the drop-down list.
In the Connection tab,
select the type of LDAP system.
If you select Custom, specify more information in the Attribute Mappings tab.
Fill in the connection information such as the URL, username
and matching password.
You must have sufficient privileges to query the needed LDAP users and groups.
- In the Attribute Mappings tab, enter the LDAP user attributes.
- Go to the Group Assignment tab to assign automatically groups based on the LDAP security model.
- Click Test and save your changes.