Configure the OAuth server to enable the external authentication server using the OAuth 2.0 protocol.
Before you begin
- As an administrator, you have obtained OAuth 2.0 client credentials from the authorization server.
- As an administrator, you have configured the authorization server.
- You have signed in as a user assigned to the Administrators or Security Administrators group.
- Go to .
- In the Authentication field of the toolbar, select OAuth from the drop-down list.
- Click the Configure authentication icon next to the drop-down list.
In the Connection tab, fill in the
Field Action Client Id Enter your Client ID. Client Secret Enter your Client Secret. Authentication URI Enter the URI on the external authentication server that handles the user authentication. The result is an authorization code, which the application can exchange for an access token and a refresh token. Token URI Enter the URI on the external authentication server that exchanges the authentication code for an access token. Validation URI Enter the URI on the external authentication server that validates the access token and provides access to the user account Scope Enter one or more scope values indicating which parts of the user’s account an access token permits.
In the Attribute Mappings tab, map the
attributes from the external user account to the Talend Data Catalog user attributes, such as
Login, Full Name, Email or
To enable the automatic group assignment, you can fill in the Groups attribute with the corresponding field name in the user account information. Talend Data Catalog uses the value of this field as the security group assignment.
- In the Request Headers tab, click Add header and enter extra parameters to be added in the HTTP requests to the external authentication server.
In the Group Mappings tab, map the group
attribute from the external user account to the Talend Data Catalog group name.
You switch from native group assignment to OAuth driven group assignment for all OAuth users. As an OAuth user, you lose the previous native group assignment the next time you log in.
- Save your changes.
You can log in to Talend Data Catalog through the authorization server.