You can perform a backup at the repository root level or at sub-levels. The full path of the backup is not saved within the backup so that it can be restored at any repository sub-levels later.
A backup can contain objects having dependencies with other repository objects, such as a directory, configuration, data mapping, semantic mapping or physical data model. Each dependent repository object is saved in the backup with its full path from the root. When performing the backup, the start level name should not be in conflict with any root level object names.
Before you begin
- Go to MANAGE.
- To backup the configuration, click Configuration then click .
- To backup one or multiple objects, click Repository and select the content using Ctrl + Click or Shift + Click then click .
Select a directory on the server machine.
If you specify a directory which does not exist, Talend Data Catalog creates it when backing up.
Depending on the backup nature, select one or more checkboxes:
Backup system managed objects
Select the check box when the issue is related to users, groups, security role assignments or other system configuration settings.
For security reasons, user passwords are reset to their user names.
Backup all versions of models content Select the check box to include the content itself in the backup.
- When backing up a configuration, Talend Data Catalog backs up only the object versions used in the configuration.
- When backing up an object, Talend Data Catalog backs up all its versions.
If the check box is not selected, the backup includes the content definition only. It does not include the content and the imported versions. You have to re-harvest the content after restoring.
Remove business data and personal information Select the check box to remove from the backup:
- all data profiling and sampling information (retaining only metadata names),
- all personal information including any user information such as names or emails,
- all bridge parameters such as user names and passwords used to connect to databases.
Save logs for support (not restore) purposes Select the check box when creating the backup to report an issue. Make sure to include the import and other log information.
- Click the Backup button.