Applying a patch manually
A patch is a software update that fixes bugs. As the patches are cumulative, Talend recommends you to apply the latest patch available.
Before you begin
- You have downloaded the patch to your machine. Refer to the email sent by Talend, including information for downloading the cumulative patch.
- Stop the application server.
- On Windows operating systems, stop the database server, if you are using the bundled PostgreSQL database.
- Back up your database instance.
Unzip the patch file in overwrite mode in the software directory.
Check the structure of the patch file and the installation folder to ensure that you are correctly overwriting and replacing existing files with the new patch version.
- Restart the application server and, if necessary, the database server.
Open the application.
If the patch needs to update some database related files, the following dialog box displays.
- Enter the Administrator credentials then click Update Database.