Talend Cloud Data Catalog editions
The application is delivered in three editions: Standard, Advanced and Advanced Plus. All editions include the essential features of Data Cataloging, such as faceted search, data sampling and profiling, semantic discovery, social curation and data relationship discovery.
The availability of other features varies according to the license edition you have:
- You can collect metadata from data stores, data models, Data Integration and Business Intelligence tools, and business applications, using Talend Cloud Data Catalog bridges.
- You can manage metadata by searching for, documenting, analyzing and comparing them, tracing end-to-end data lineage and performing impact analysis. The Advanced and Advanced Plus editions include multi version and configuration management.
- You can use the Talend Cloud Data Catalog glossary to collaboratively build and manage the organization's business concepts and terminology. The Advanced and Advanced Plus editions provide a flexible workflow and publication process.
- You can document any existing data stores by using data models. Physical data models are only available in the Advanced Plus edition for data store requirements and database design. Depending on your edition, you can also export data models to any supported DM, DI and BI tools.
User and group assignments
- Security Administrators: manage users, groups, external authentication, user interface assignment and security role assignment on folders and repository objects.
- Application Administrators: have all permissions associated with security and data security roles.
- Administrators: have all permissions associated with the Security Administrators and Application Administrators groups.
Administrators create users and add them to custom user groups related to their roles in the organization, such as business users, data stewards and analysts, IT architects and developers. Administrators assign roles to these custom groups.
Role-based access controlTalend Cloud Data Catalog provides three types of roles:
- A security role: determines which actions a user or group can perform on
folders and metadata objects.
There are predefined security roles, including Viewer, Editor and Manager.
- A data security role: applies to data sampling and profiling.
There are predefined data security roles, including Data Viewer and Data Manager.
For more information about the security and data security roles, see Talend Cloud Data Catalog Administration Guide.
- A workflow role: applies to terms of a business glossary.
There are predefined workflow roles, including Reviewer, Editor, Approver and Publisher.