Upgrading Java for all Talend services on Windows
Before you begin
- Retrieve the update_java.bat file from the Downloads tab of the menu located in the left panel of this page.
- Retrieve the sed.exe file from the Downloads tab only if there is no such file in the utils folder in the Talend home folder.
About this task
Talend Data Quality Portal does not support Java 11.
Place the update_java.bat
file in the
utilsfolder in the Talend home folder.
- If you downloaded the sed.exe from the Downloads tab, place it in the utils folder.
- Install the new Java version according to the Compatible Java environments page.
- In Windows search tab, type in services.msc and open the Microsoft Management Console application.
Look for the list of Talend services, right-click each of them
and select Stop.
The last services to be stopped should be Talend Administration Center, Talend Identity and Access Management followed by Kafka, Zookeeper and MongoDB.
- Go to System Properties > Advanced > Environments Variables.
Update the JAVA_HOME
environment variable and the PATH variable.
For more information on how to set up Java environment variables, see Setting up the Java environment variable.
- Open the command prompt application.
- Type in echo %JAVA_HOME% and press Enter. The value displayed is the new value set.
- Open update_java.bat with a text editor.
Locate the variables in the script and set them as
"TALEND_HOME=C:\<Talend_home_folder>" (for example: set "TALEND_HOME=C:\Talend\7.3.1")
"PROD_VER=<Talend_version>" (for example: set "PROD_VER=7.3.1")
- As a superuser, run update_java.bat. This script will replace the hard-coded path to Java with the new values in your installation.
- Restart your computer or start all Talend services manually from the service.msc application.
All Talend services are now using the new Java version.