Linking the components - 7.0
- Talend Documentation Team
- Talend Big Data
- Talend Big Data Platform
- Talend Data Fabric
- Talend Data Integration
- Talend Data Management Platform
- Talend Data Services Platform
- Talend ESB
- Talend MDM Platform
- Talend Open Studio for Big Data
- Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
- Talend Open Studio for ESB
- Talend Open Studio for MDM
- Talend Real-Time Big Data Platform
- Data Governance > Third-party systems > Processing components (Integration) > tMap
- Data Quality and Preparation > Third-party systems > Processing components (Integration) > tMap
- Design and Development > Third-party systems > Processing components (Integration) > tMap
- Talend Studio
Drop the DB Connection under the Metadata
node of the Repository to the design
workspace. In this example, the source table is called
Select tMysqlInput from the list that
pops up when dropping the component.
Drop the lookup DB connection table from the Metadata node to the design workspace selecting tMysqlInput from the list that pops up. In this
Job, the lookup is called large_data_volume.
The same way, drop the DB connection from the Metadata node to the design workspace selecting tMysqlConnection from the list that pops up. This
component creates a permanent connection to the lookup database table in
order not to do that every time we want to load a row from the lookup
Then pick the tMap component from the
Processing family, and the tMysqlOutput and tMysqlCommit components from the Database family in the Palette
to the right hand side of the editor.
Now connect all the components together. To do so, right-click the
tMysqlInput component corresponding to
the people table and drag the link towards tMap.
Release the link over the tMap component,
the main row flow is automatically set up.
Rename the Main row link to
people, to identify more easily the main flow
Perform the same operation to connect the lookup table
(large_data_volume) to the tMap component and the tMap
to the tMysqlOutput component.
A dialog box prompts for a name to the output link. In this example, the
output flow is named: people_mixandmatch.
Rename also the lookup row connection link to
large_volume, to help identify the reference data
Connect tMysqlConnection to tMysqlInput using the trigger link OnSubjobOk.
Connect the tMysqlInput component to the
tMysqlCommit component using the
trigger link OnSubjobOk.