About this task
Talend data integration uses schemas based on rows and columns since it has roots in relational data warehouse integration. But SOAP messages uses the XML format. XML is hierarchical and supports richer structure than rows or columns. So we need the tXMLMap to convert from the relational row/column structure to the schema expected by the SOAP service.
- In the design workspace, double-click the tXMLMap component to open the Map Editor.
- In the output table, right-click the root node and select Rename from the contextual menu. Enter IsValidEmail in the dialog box that appears.
- Right-click the IsValidEmail node and select Set A Namespace from the contextual menu. Enter http://www.webservicex.net in the dialog box that appears.
- Right-click the IsValidEmail node again and select Create Sub-Element from the contextual menu. Enter Email in the dialog box that appears.
- Right-click the Email node and select As loop element from the contextual menu.
Click the Email node in the input table and drop it
to the Expression column in the row of the
Email node in the output table.
- Click OK to validate the mapping and close the Map Editor.