|Product affected||Talend ESB Runtime|
This patch is independent. It solves the Encryption of user passwords does not work as expected.
NOTE: To download this patch, liaise with your Support contact at Talend.
This patch contains the following fixes:
- TESB-26507: Encryption of user passwords does not work as expected
Consider the following requirements for your system:
- Talend ESB Runtime 7.2.1 must be installed.
Installing the patch manually
Apply the patch on Talend Runtime 7.2.1
- Delete the 'org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules-4.2.4.jar' from the folder 'Runtime_Home/system/org/apache/karaf/jaas/org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules/4.2.4/'
- Copy&Replace the patch files from the system/ folder, into the 'Runtime_Home/system/'
- On Linux:
- 'cp -rf ./system Runtime_Home/system'
- On Windows:
- 'xcopy system\*.* Runtime_home\system /s'
- (Press "y" when prompting if overwrite the features xml file)
- Update/Refresh the feature xml files and the installed features
- karaf@trun()> feature:repo-refresh
- karaf@trun()> feature:refresh
- Restart the Runtime Container, and check if the patched org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules bundle is started properly
- (check with 'la' command)
- karaf@trun()> la |grep "Apache Karaf :: JAAS :: Modules"
- 112 | Active | 30 | 4.2.4.tesb1 | Apache Karaf :: JAAS :: Modules
NOTE: This patch fixed the regression behavior "have access to the Runtime without being prompted to enter password in case of encryption enabled". Before apply the patch, the assumption is you've configured these properties in the Runtime/etc/org.apache.karaf.jaas.cfg - encryption.enabled = true - encryption.name = basic (or jasypt)