OSGi type deployments require that Talend Runtime 7.1.1 version is installed and running on the same machine as the Remote Engine. Microservices do not require any other application for Route and REST Data Service deployments, except the Data Service Runner module inside the Remote Engine.
Talend Runtime can only be linked to a single Talend Remote Engine.
The use of Talend ESB infrastructure services is only supported if you have the ESB infrastructure services configured as part of your on premises subscription, and you are using Talend Administration Center for the configuration of these services.
Apache ActiveMQ Broker is supported as shipped within Talend Runtime with a cloud-only subscription as well.
- OSGi deployment (kar)
Supported for Routes, SOAP and REST Data Services. Requires Talend Remote Engine and Talend Runtime running on the same machine.
- Microservice deployment (zip)
Supported for Routes and REST Data Services. Requires only the Talend Remote Engine with the Data Service Runner.
- org.talend.ipaas.rt.dsrunner.cfg - core properties for microservices and OSGi execution
- org.talend.ipaas.rt.dsrunner.log4jsocket.collector.cfg - log collector properties
- org.talend.ipaas.rt.dsrunner.metrics.collector.cfg - metric collector properties
- org.talend.ipaas.rt.dsrunner.microservice.client.cfg - microservice client properties
- org.talend.ipaas.rt.dsrunner.talendruntime.client.cfg - Talend Runtime client properties
Each property is taken into account when Data Service Runner starts. A property update requires a stop/start of either the Talend Remote Engine or the Data Service Runner.