The diagram of the Talend Cloud functional architecture is divided into two main parts: the local network and the cloud infrastructure.
The local network includes a web browser, Talend Studio, and a Remote Engine or a Remote Engine for Pipelines.
From your web browser, you can access the different cloud applications.
- From Talend Studio, you can:
- Publish data integration Jobs to Talend Cloud Management Console as Tasks, make them available to web users, and run them in the cloud.
- Benefit from the Talend Cloud Data Preparation features through the use of the tDatasetInput, tDatasetOutput, and tDataprepRun components. You can create datasets from various databases and export them in Talend Cloud Data Preparation, or leverage a preparation directly in a data integration Job or Spark Job.
- Use Jobs with tDataStewardshipTaskOutput, tDataStewardshipTaskInput and tDataStewardshipTaskDelete to load, retrieve, or delete tasks from the campaigns created in the Talend Cloud Data Stewardship.
The Talend Remote Engine is used to run Jobs, Tasks, and preparations, on premises. The Remote Engine for Pipelines is used to run pipelines everywhere (on premises or in your Virtual Private Cloud).
- In Talend Cloud Management Console, you can administrate roles, users, projects, and access licence information. You can create new users for the cloud applications and assign them to custom groups. You can then define roles and assign them to your users. Talend Cloud Management Console stores your Talend Studio license files and enables you to create projects to collaborate on in Studio. In addition, you can enable data and file transfer, data integration, and access to shared data sources for web users. You can, for example, import and use preconfigured sample Tasks, or design Tasks that automate the exchange and synchronization of data between applications.
- In Talend Cloud Pipeline Designer, you can design complex end-to-end pipelines to process, enrich and transform data at rest or in motion. You can run these Pipelines either using the embedded Cloud Engine for Pipelines or using a Remote Engine for Pipelines installed on your Virtual Private Cloud or on premises.
- In Talend Cloud Data Preparation, you can import your data from local files or other sources, and cleanse or enrich it by creating new preparations.
- In Talend Cloud Data Stewardship, campaign owners manage data assets and organize the data interactions whenever human intervention is required to collaborate on data curation, arbitration, or validation.
The Cloud Engines are used to run Artifacts, Tasks, and preparations, or pipelines, in the cloud.