Before you begin
- You have a Platform license.
- Your Talend Cloud user must have the Semantic types manager role of the Dictionary service application assigned in Talend Cloud Management Console, in addition to any of the Talend Cloud Data Stewardship roles.
- When importing a compound semantic type, all children types referenced by it should have been already published to Talend Dictionary Service in the target environment.
- Log in to Talend Cloud Data Stewardship as a campaign owner, or Talend Cloud Data Preparation with any of the user roles.
- Select SEMANTIC TYPES in the left panel and click the IMPORT SYMANTIC TYPES tab on top of the page.
Browse to the .json file you have exported and saved on
your local system and click Open.
A message is displayed to confirm the import, or to prompt you to overwrite a semantic type with the same name which already exists in the target environment.
You are prompted to overwrite a semantic type with the same name only if it is published to Talend Dictionary Service and if it has the same category types as the one you want to import.
The semantic types are imported and automatically published to Talend Dictionary Service, and the Modified By and Modified On values are updated accordingly.