Before you begin
You have launched your Talend Studio and opened the Integration perspective.
- In the Repository tree view, expand the Job Designs node, right-click the Big Data Batch node and select Create folder from the contextual menu.
- In the New Folder wizard, name your Job folder getting_started and click Finish to create your folder.
- Right-click the getting_started folder and select Create folder again.
- In the New Folder wizard, name the new folder to mapreduce and click Finish to create the folder.
- Right-click the mapreduce folder and select Create Big Data Batch Job.
- In the New Big Data Batch Job wizard, select MapReduce from the Framework drop-down list.
Enter a name for this MapReduce Job and other useful information.
For example, enter aggregate_movie_director_mr in the Name field.
The MapReduce component Palette is now available in the Studio. You can start to design the Job by leveraging this Palette and the Metadata node in the Repository.