How to execute the Test cases you created in Talend Studio on Jenkins.
Make sure your Talend CommandLine application
points to the Jenkins workspace where your project sources are stored:
- If you installed Talend CommandLine as a service on Windows, you need to go to the service installation directory and open the file <service_path>/conf/wrapper.conf to edit the wrapper.app.parameter.7 parameter value and point to the Jenkins workspace where your project sources are stored.
- If you installed Talend CommandLine as a service on Unix, you need to edit the file start_cmdline.sh that calls the service script.
- If you did not install Talend CommandLine as a
service, edit the .bat or .sh file
of Talend CommandLine to
change the data parameter value.
- Start the Talend CommandLine service.
- Launch the parent Jenkins task GenerateSources to generate the sources using the Talend CommandLine, to trigger the execution of all Test Cases created in the Studio and to deploy the tested Jobs in Nexus at once.
The tests are executed and you can see their results displayed:
- in Jenkins: the detail of your results can be found in the Console
Output view of the specific builds.Example in RunTests project (here you can see one failure on the execution of the test named test_process_client_file):Example in DeployToNexus project (here 6.3.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts are being deployed to the TALEND group in the repository):
in Jenkins: a diagram that represents graphically the status of the last executions in the RunTests projects (here you can see one failure out of a total of six tests):
in your Nexus web application: you can find the artifacts deployed in the defined repository: