Failed to build job
A number of reasons can cause a job building to fail. In this article, only the JDK installation and setting related error is detailed.Environment
This article is relevant for all Talend products v6.0.0 or higher.Description
The integration of Maven in Talend Studio v6.0.0 requires a JDK to build Jobs. Therefore a JRE is no longer sufficient to build Job completely. The following error may display in the Error.log view when building job using a JRE instead of a JDK.
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2015-09-10 16:17:02.257 !MESSAGE 2015-09-10 16:17:02,254 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project routines: Fatal error compiling: tools.jar not found: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\..\lib\tools.jar -> [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1]Resolution
Check your JDK installation and settings from the following aspects:
- Since version 6.0.0, Java 8 is recommended and Java 7 is a minimum. Make sure you installed the appropriate Java version.
- A JDK must be installed. Refer to this article for further information about what the folder structure should look like: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/tools/windows/jdkfiles.html .
- In Talend Studio, configure the JDK path in Windows > Preferences > Java > Installed JRES . Refer to the Requiring a JDK installation to build jobs starting from version 6.0 article.
- Failed to build a Job - routine not compiling (link)
- Failed to build a Job - maven setting (link)