Before you begin
Before proceeding with the following steps, make sure that an SAP user has been created to connect with Talend Jobs and Talend SAP RFC Server.
- Log in to SAP as SAP Admin using SAP GUI.
- Go to the SAP transaction SALE or
SM59 that leads directly to the configuration.
- Click Create RFC Connections and then choose create to
create a new TCP/IP based RFC destination,
TALEND_TL_RFC_DESTINATION in this example.
- In the Technical Settings tab, select
Registered Server Program for Activation
Type, and then configure Program ID and
Gateway Options accordingly.
Note that the SAP Program ID has to be identical to the entry in Talend SAP RFC Server.
- In the Unicode tab, set the Unicode/Non-Unicode
Note that Unicode is recommended.
- Configure Talend SAP RFC Server by editing its configuration file if needed.
- Start Talend SAP RFC Server.
- Click Connection Test to check the connection status to
Talend SAP RFC Server.
If all parameters are configured correctly, you should get a screen like below. It means that a Talend job using the tSAPIDocReceiver component is now ready to receive IDocs.