- Double-click the second tSalesforceInput component to open its Basic settings view on the Component tab.
- Select the component that will create the Salesforce connection from the Connection Component drop-down list, tSalesforceConnection_1 in this example.
- Click the [...] button next to the Module Name field and in the pop-up dialog box, select the object from which data will be retrieved, Account in this example. The schema of the Account object will be automatically filled.
- Click the [...] button next to Edit schema and in the pop-up dialog box, remove all schema columns except the three columns Id, Name, and talendlena__Account_External_ID__c. When done, click OK to save the changes and in the pop-up dialog box, click Yes to propagate the schema to the next tLogRow component.
Select Query from the Query Mode
drop-down list and specify the condition used to filter data to be retrieved. In
this example, it is Name like '%talend%'.
All Salesforce Account records whose Name field contains talend will be retrieved.
- Double-click the third tLogRow component and on its Basic settings view, select Table in the Mode area to display the result in a table.