- Double-click the first tPostgreSQLInput component to open its Basic settings view.
- Select the Use an existing connection check box and from the Component List drop-down list displayed, select the connection component to reuse the connection created by it, tPostgreSQLConnection_1 in this example.
Click the [...] button next to Edit
schema and in the pop-up dialog box, define the schema by adding
nine columns: sk and id of Integer
type as the primary key, name and
role of String type, salary of
Double type, start_date and
end_date of Date type with the Date Pattern
yyyy-MM-dd, and active_status
and version of Integer type. When done, click
OK to save the changes and close the dialog
The schema of the first tPostgreSQLInput component is the same as the schema of the tPostgreSQLSCDELT1 component, you can just copy and paste it.
- In the Query field, enter the SQL command used to retrieve data from the SCD dimension table, select * from employee_scd in this example.
- In the Table Name field, enter the name of the SCD dimension table where you will retrieve the data updates, employee_scd in this example.
- Double-click the first tLogRow component and in the Mode area on its Basic settings view, select Table to display the retrieved data in a table.