Setting up the parent Job - 7.0
- Talend Documentation Team
- Talend Big Data
- Talend Big Data Platform
- Talend Data Fabric
- Talend Data Integration
- Talend Data Management Platform
- Talend Data Services Platform
- Talend ESB
- Talend MDM Platform
- Talend Open Studio for Big Data
- Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
- Talend Open Studio for ESB
- Talend Open Studio for MDM
- Talend Real-Time Big Data Platform
- Data Governance > Third-party systems > Orchestration components (Integration)
- Data Quality and Preparation > Third-party systems > Orchestration components (Integration)
- Design and Development > Third-party systems > Orchestration components (Integration)
- Talend Studio
Create a new Job named ParentJob and add a
tFixedFlowInput component, a
tFlowToIterate component, and a
tRunJob component to it.
Connect the tFixedFlowInput component to the
tFlowToIterate component using a connection and the tFlowToIterate
component to the tRunJob component using a connection.
Double-click the tFixedFlowInput component to open its
Basic settings view.
Click the [...] button next to Edit
schema and in the pop-up dialog box, define the schema of the
input data by adding one column JobName of String type.
When done, click OK to close the dialog box.
In the Mode area, select the Use Inline
Content(delimited file) option and specify the names of the
child Jobs to call from the parent Job in the Content
Double-click the tRunJob component to open its
Basic settings view.
Select the Use dynamic job check box and in the
Conext job field displayed, press
Ctrl+Space and from the list of variables select the
iterative global variable created by the tFlowToIterate
component, tFlowToIterate_1.JobName in this example. The
Context job field is then filled with
((String)globalMap.get("row1.JobName")). Upon each
iteration, this variable will be resolved as the name of the Job to be
Click the [...] button next to the
Job field and in the [Select
Job] dialog box, select all the Jobs you want to run and click
OK to close the dialog box. In this example, they are
ChildJob1 and ChildJob2.