How to configure a secure connection for Kibana
If you want to connect to Kibana using a secure connection, i.e. a connection using the HTTPS protocol, you have to configure SSL in Tomcat and then link Kibana to your Talend Administration Center.
Note that this procedure does not work with Internet Explorer.ResolutionConfigure SSL in Tomcat
- Go to <Tomcat_path>/conf , where <Tomcat_path> corresponds to the path where Tomcat is installed.
- Open the server.xml file.
Comment the element beginning with <Connector port="8080" and uncomment the element starting with <Connector port="8443" as shown in the following screenshot.
Replace the element starting with <Connector port="8443" with the following element:
<Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol" keystoreFile="C:\Talend\6.0.0\tac\apache-tomcat\bin\server.keystore" keystorePass="talend" maxThreads="150" SSLEnabled="true" scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />You should replace the keystoreFile and the keystorePass attributes with the one that correspond to your configuration.
- Open your Web browser and go to https://localhost:8443/kibana/#/dashboard .
- Open you Talend Administration Center web application.
- Go to the Configuration page.
- In the Monitoring part, enter the following address in the Kibana URL field: https://192.168.32.127:8443/kibana .
In the Logging part, enter the following address in the Logstash host and port field: 192.168.32.127:8050 .
- In the left panel, click Logging under the Monitoring menu to check the Logging page.