Double-click the tFixedFlowInput
component to show its Basic settings view
and define its properties.
Click the [...] button next to Edit schema to open the [Schema] dialog box.
- Click the [+] button to add three columns: ColumnName, ColumnType, and ColumnLength, and set their types to String, String, and Integer respectively to define the minimum properties required for a positional file schema. Then, click OK to close the dialog box.
- Select the Use Inline Table option, click the [+] button three times to add three lines, give them a name in the ColumnName field, according to the actual columns of the input file to read: ID, Name, and City, set their types in the corresponding ColumnType field: id_Interger for column ID, and id_String for columns Name and City, and set the length values of the columns in the corresponding ColumnLength field. Note that the column names you give in this table will compose the header of the output file.
Double-click the tSetDynamicSchema
component to open its Basic settings view.
- Click Sync columns to ensure that the schema structure is properly retrieved from the preceding component.
- Under the Parameters table, click the [+] button to add three lines in the table.
- Click in the Property field for each line, and select ColumnName, Type, and Length respectively.
Click in the Value field for each line,
and select ColumnName, ColumnType, and ColumnLength respectively.
Now, with the values set in the inline table of the tFixedFlowInput component retrieved, the following data structure is defined in the dynamic schema:
Column Name Type Length ID Integer 6 Name String 12 City String 12