As a campaign owner, you can define roles in campaigns to decide which data stewards are part of the campaign and which data stewards can access which tasks and in what transition of the campaign workflow.
However, it is possible to create and start a campaign without defining any roles and edit the campaign later to add the roles of your choice.
After defining the metadata of the campaign, you need to group data stewards into roles and assign them access rights.
- In the home page, click .
- Name the first role DATA INSPECTOR and click next to the
field to save it.
- Click in the fields below each of the defined roles and select from the
list the data stewards to whom you want to assign the role.This list shows all the users defined in Talend Administration Center and assigned the role of data stewards.
- Repeat the above steps to add a second role and name it DATA VALIDATOR.
- From the Add a steward list, select the user to validate
the choices of the users who are assigned the DATA
INSPECTOR role.In this example, data stewards who have the DATA INSPECTOR role inspect data and cure it, and data stewards who have the DATA VALIDATOR role validates what has been done by the inspectors. You can add as many roles to the campaign as needed.