In the design workspace, select tDataprepRun and click the
Component tab to define its basic settings.
In the URL field, type the URL of the Talend Data Preparation web application, between
double quotes. Port
9999is the default port for Talend Data Preparation.
In the Username and Password
fields, enter your Talend Data Preparation connection information, between
If you are using Talend Cloud Data Preparation, you need to use your Talend Cloud Data Preparation login instead of your Talend Data Preparation email.
If you are working with Talend Cloud Data Preparation and if:
- MFA ( Multi Factor Authentication) is enabled, enter an access token in the field.
- MFA is not enabled but SSO (Single Sign-On) is configured, enter either an
access token or your password in the field.
It is recommend to use tokens as passwords will soon be obsolete and disappear.
- MFA is not enabled and SSO is not configured, enter either an access token or your password in the field.
- Select the Dynamic preparation selection check box to dynamically define the preparations with their paths in Talend Data Preparation rather than their technical ids.
In the Preparation path field, enter
This expression is made of three distinct parts. In the path,
customersis the folder in Talend Data Preparation where the preparations are kept. As for the preparations names, because they are partly reused from the local sub folders names, you will use this expression to retrieve those sub folders name from the tFileList_1, and attach the _preparation suffix.
- In the Preparation version field, type Current state between double quotes, in order to use the current version of the preparation.
Click Fetch Schema to
retrieve the schema of the preparation.
The output schema of the tDataprepRun component now reflects the changes made with each preparation step. The schema takes into account columns that were added or removed for example. By defaut, the output schema will use the
Stringtype for all the columns, in order not to overwrite any formatting operations performed on dates or numeric values during the preparation.