How to install a Talend Function module for SAP
The Function modules which can be used in the Talend tools are:
This article is valid for all Talend products on subscription from v5.6 upwards.
Prior to start the installation procedure below, see the article: Which version of SAP Function Modules ships with which Talend version.Procedure
The following procedure shows how to install the
- Download the file EEIK900299.zip, transfer it on SAP server then follow up the below steps.
- Extract the file EEIK900299.zip.
- Copy K900299.EEI from <EEIK900299>/ABAP Transport/cofiles to usr/sap/trans/cofiles.
- Copy R900299.EEI from <EEIK900299>/ABAP Transport/data to /usr/sap/trans/data.
The file upload can be done with SAPGUI transaction CG3Z. You can find the transport directory and check if the files have been uploaded with transaction AL11.
NB: If /usr/sap/trans is the directory where the transports are stored otherwise use the right folder on your SAP server. This is the case on our SAP system.Step 2: Adding new transport request
In transaction STMS go to Import Overview (F5) and step into the import queue for the given system. In the menu under Extras > Other requests > Add.
- Add a new transport request with name EEIK900299 and specify your SAP client number if needed. After this you must see the transport request in the list.
- Select it with F9 and perform the transport F11+Ctrl.
- Specify the target client and check the option Ignore invalid component version (last option in the options tab).
If correctly set, the status must be green although showing some text: Does not
match component version. In transaction SE37 the function module
Z_TALEND_READ_TABLE must be available.
With the above step the permission should be ok, no action required here.Step 4: Add the property in Talend Studio
Follow the usual process as detailed in Talend Studio User Guide: 40.5.2 Retrieving SAP tables
api.use_z_talend_read_table should set it to true when you drag and drop
the tSAPTableInput from the repository.