How to improve the migration check report
This article helps improve the Migration Check report by adding a patch to your previous Talend CommandLine in order to get Job compilation status information.
(Optional) Setting the migration report folder path
- Open the following file: <TomcatPath>/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes/configuration.properties.
Add the following parameter and value, then save your changes:
<FolderPath>corresponds to the path to the folder where you want to store your migration reports.
Installing a migration check patch to compare Job compilation status
- Go to the following URL addresses, enter the credentials you received with your license email, then click the link again to get your patch:
- Install the patch corresponding to your previous version, migrationcheck_5.4.1r111943_patch.zip for example, in the following folder: TalendCommandLinePath>/plugins
- Open the following file to edit it: <TalendCommandLinePath>/configuration/config.ini
to the end of the
Remove the following file:
Executing the migration commands
From Talend CommandLine:
Execute the following commands to generate report from a 5.6.x version:
logonProject -pn <ProjectAName> -ul <UserName> migrationCheck -dp <ProjectDatabasePath> logoffProject logonProject -pn <ProjectBName> -ul <UserName> migrationCheck -dp <ProjectDatabasePath> logoffProject
Execute the following commands to generate report from a 6.0.x+ version:
Import the same projects and execute migrationCheck actions one by one as for 5.6.x versions, then execute:
generateMigrationReport -dp <ProjectDatabasePath> -from 5.6.1 -to 6.0.0 -ps <ProjectAName>|<ProjectBName> -rp <ReportFolderPath>/report.zip
The report.zip archive file is generated in the folder specified.
From Talend Administration Center:
- From the Migration Check page, configure the connections to both source (old) and target (new) CommandLine applications.
- Enter the paths to the local directories where the database and report will be stored and start the migration.
The .pdf reports are generated in the Report List area of the application page as well as in the local folder you have previously defined.