This procedure describes how to install and configure Git in order to store all your project data (Jobs, Database connections, Routines, Joblets, etc.) in the shared Repository of the Talend Studio.
For more information on the supported Git servers, see Compatible version control systems.
- Download the Git version corresponding to your system at https://git-scm.com/downloads and follow the installation instructions.
- Open the Git Bash program.
Create an SSH key using the following command:
- Put the generated key files in the C:\Users\User_Name\.ssh folder.
- Add the generated public key to settings of your Git server.
Use the following command to create a known-hosts file:
ssh-keyscan.exe -H git_server_hostname >> known_hosts
- Create a config file in your .ssh folder.
Add the following content and adapt it to your
Hostname git_server_hostname IdentityFIle C:/users/username/.ssh/id_rsa
Add the connection information to the Talend Administration Center configuration. For more
information, see the Talend Administration Center User Guide.
When running Talend Administration Center as a service, ensure that the known_hosts file is located in the right folder. If not, copy the known_hosts file into the user.home\.ssh folder (or create a .ssh folder if it does not already exist).
When running Talend Administration Center as a Windows service, user.home is similar to: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile.