For your Job to be usable in differents situations, you will create two distincts contexts.
Talend Studio allows you to create a set of variables that you can regroup in a context. In this example, you will create a context called Development and another one called Production. Each of these contexts will contain the variables to be used for the tDataprepRun configuration, according to the target environment.
Click the Contexts tab of your
- Click the + button on the top right of the variables table to create a new context.
- Select the Default context and click Edit... to rename it Development.
- Click New... to create a new context called Production.
Click the + button on the bottom left of the variables
table to create a new variable called
parameter_prefix is mandatory, in order for the variable to be retrievable in Talend Integration Cloud, if you use the Cloud version of Talend Data Preparation.
- On the newly created URL line, enter the URLs of your development and production instances of Talend Data Preparation in the corresponding columns.
- Repeat the last two steps in order to create the parameter_USERNAME and parameter_PASSWORD variables, that will store your Talend Data Preparation credentials depending on the environment.
These two different contexts will be available at execution time, when deploying your Job.