Once you have created and defined all the files for a custom component, you can install it into your Talend Studio so that you can use it in your Jobs.
This procedure outlines the steps to install the tTutorialRow component you have just created. For more information on installing, updating and troubleshooting a custom component, see How to install and update a custom component.
- Create a directory dedicated for custom components on your file system, for example: D:/custom_components.
- Copy the component folder tTutorialRow and paste it to the
dedicated component directory.
The path of the component is now D:/custom_components/tTutorialRow/.
- Launch your Talend Studio.
- Select User component folder field. from the menu, expand , and browse to the
- Type in your component folder path and click OK.
- Search for the component named tTutorialRow in the search
field of the Palette to check that you have successfully
installed the component.
- Check that the component works in a Talend Job.
As an example, create a simple Job that contains a tRowGenerator and a tTutorialRow, and configure the components as follows:
- Configure the tRowGenerator to generate five lines of random strings.
- Specify the user names and domain names to construct email addresses in the Addresses table of tTutorialRow component.
When the Job is executed, the tTutorialRow is expected to print the current line number and the list of email addresses in the Job console.