The Merging campaign used in this example enables you to compare the redundant contact details retrieved from different systems and decide what attribute values define the master records.
Start by defining the campaign metadata.
- In the home page, click .
- Enter a name and a description for the new campaign in the Name and Description fields respectively.
- Select MERGING as the campaign type.
- Click the switch next to Define Sources to display a field where you can set the first source name.
- Use the plus button to add two other fields under sources and set the sources
names.Client data here comes from three different sources: Salesforce, Marketo and Netsuite.
- In each of the Trust Score fields, enter the percentage
which defines the weight of the value coming from the data source.These scores are used by the application to automatically create master records from the redundant data. However, data stewards can manually select different values or enter new ones when resolving the task.
In this example, the contact information which comes from Salesforce is initially used by the application to form master records as you gave Salesforce the highest score, while Marketo comes second in the list.
- Click in the CAMPAIGN OWNERS field and select from the list one or more data stewards to grant them access on the current campaign.