Select the tFileInputRegex again so the
Component view shows up, and define the
- The Job is built-in for this scenario. Hence, the Properties are set for this station only.
- Fill in a path to the file in File Name field. This field is mandatory.
- Define the Row separator identifying the end of a row.
Then define the Regular expression in order
to delimit fields of a row, which are to be passed on to the next component. You
can type in a regular expression using Java code, and on mutiple lines if
Regex syntax requires double quotes.
- In this expression, make sure you include all subpatterns matching the fields to be extracted.
- In this scenario, ignore the header, footer and limit fields.
- Select a local (Built-in) Schema to define the data to pass on to the tFileOutputPositional component.
- You can load or create the schema through the Edit Schema function.
Then define the second component properties:
- Enter the Positional file output path.
- Enter the Encoding standard, the output file is encoded in. Note that, for the time being, the encoding consistency verification is not supported.
- Select the Schema type. Click on Sync columns to automatically synchronize the schema with the Input file schema.