If the semantic type proposed by Talend Data Preparation for one column is not the desired one, you can manually change it by clicking the white arrow in the column header.
This allows you to choose among the list of semantic types present in Talend Data Preparation by default. See Predefined Semantic Types for more information. You can go further by creating your own semantic types, as well as updating or deleting the existing ones, so that Talend Data Preparation speaks your business language.
The availability of Talend Dictionary Service depends on the license you have.
DICTtype, based on an open or closed list of values.
REGEXtype that compares your data against a preselected regular expression.
COMPOUNDtype, under which you can group several existing types.
To enable the interaction between Talend Dictionary Service and Talend Data Preparation, you must fulfill the following prerequisites:
- Talend Dictionary Service is installed and running.
- Talend Administration Center is installed and running.
- Your Talend Administration Center user type is either Master Data Management or Data Management.
- Your Talend Administration Center user role is set to Designer or Operation manager.
- The Data Preparation User check box is selected for your user in Talend Administration Center with any of the three possible roles set in the Data Preparation Role field.
- In the <install_folder>\dataprep\config\application.properties file,
dataquality.semantic.update.enableproperty is set as