Before you begin
- Download all required files. For more information, see Talend Installer specific prerequisites.
- Check that all default ports are open. For more informations, see Proxy and firewall allowlist information.
- Make sure that there are no other instance of MongoDB installed on your machine.
- Ensure the dist file is in the same folder as the Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux-x64-installer.run
Run the installer.
- To run the Talend Installer from the desktop, login as superuser then double click the Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux-x64-installer.run file.
- To run the Talend Installer from the command line, first make the file an executable then run the
installer. To do this, enter the following commands:
chmod +x Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux-x64-installer.run ./Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux-x64-installer.runNote: To install Talend server modules as services, in the Select Components setup window, select Talend Server Services.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Choose the directory where you want your Talend product to be installed.
- Choose Server in the installation mode list.
- Add your license file.
- Follow the steps about the required databases.
- Launch the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you can remove the dist file to save some space on your disk.
The modules installed in English.
Talend Installer creates a usedports.txt file where all the ports used by Talend Server modules are listed.
tds-user as username and
duser as password is
automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Stewardship.
dataprep-user as username and
password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Preparation.
Talend Installer generates the
AdminUser.txt file at the root of the MongoDB installation
folder. It contains the credentials for a user with the administrator rights in
clear text. It is recommended to restrict the access to this file.