Before you begin
- Launch the new Talend Studio you have just installed.
- In the login window, select a local connection from the On connection drop-down list and then select Import an existing project and click Select....
- In the Import dialog box displayed, import the archive file containing your local projects and click Finish.
Click Finish in the login window, and in the pop-up dialog
box displayed, click OK to migrate your project.
When the migration completes, a CSV report file <timestamp>_<project-name>_Migration_Report.csv that lists all migrated items is generated under the directory <Talend-Studio>\workspace\report\migrationReport_<timestamp>, where <timestamp> designates when the report is generated and <project-name> designates the name of your project, and you will see a dialog box with a link to the report file.
- Click Run analysis to run the project analysis tool to analyze your migrated project. For more information, see Analyzing projects.
- Click Not now to close the dialog box.
The table below describes the information presented in the report file.
Column Description Task name the name of the migration task Task description the description of the migration task Item type the type of the migrated item Path to migrated item the path to the migrated item Migration details the details of the migration
The local projects are displayed in the Project list and appear on the Talend Studio Repository view.
For more information on how to export local projects to an archive file, see Saving the local projects.