Using Talend Studio, you can easily search and locate data records "attached" to the corresponding business entities in the MDM Hub.
More than one search option is available to specify the search criteria and to narrow down your search for the data records you want to view. You can:
- use a time-based filter (from/to dates),
- select a business entity in which to search data records,
- type in the unique key for the business entity you want to search for,
- type in a search keyword.
Before you begin
About this task
- In the MDM Repository tree view, expand the Data Container node.
Double-click the data container you want to browse.
The data container editor opens with a master data container view.Note: If the data container is configured with the staging storage, a staging data container view will also be available.
The following steps describe how to browse a master data container.
The steps for browsing a staging data container are similar to those for browsing a master data container, except that the Use Full Text Search check box is grayed in the staging data container view.
You can set one or several search criteria to narrow your search on the returned data records. Note that, if you are using a SQL database, you cannot combine a full-text query with other search criteria.
- Click the From arrow to display a calendar where you can select a start date for the data records created in the selected data container.
Click the To arrow to display a calendar where you can
select an end date for the data records created in the selected data
Note: It is possible to click the browse button directly after setting the time range to base your search only on one criterion. Otherwise, you can use one or more of the other search criteria to narrow down your search on the returned data records.
- From the Entity list, select a business entity from the list to search data records only in the selected business entity.
- In the Keys field, enter the unique key for the entity you want to search.
- In the Keywords field, enter a search keyword to include only matching values in the returned data records.
If you want the record list to show the task identification, select the
Show Task ID check box.
Some of the data records in the MDM Hub are the result of merging /resolving different information coming from heterogeneous sources. Resolving such information is done through Talend Data Stewardship and then the master data record is written in the hub using some MDM components in a Talend Job.
For further information about editing the task identification, see Editing a task identification from the data container.
The lower part of the editor lists all data records that match the search criteria along with their creation dates, the business entities they are created in and their unique keys.
Double-click a given record to open up a dialog box that displays the data
You can also click the Source tab at the top of the dialog box to view the data record in its XML format or modify the data record.
After updating the data record, if needed, select the Fire a change event (update report) and triggers check box so that the modified record will be written into the UpdateReport and eligible Triggers will be executed directly.
After selecting the Fire a change event (update report) and triggers check box, if required, select the Enable verification by before processes check box to enable the verification of the modified record by the Before Saving processes. For more information about Process types, see Process types.