Talend Data Stewardship comes with predefined roles and workflows.
Roles are used to manage user authorization on tasks and functionalities and they are assigned in Talend Administration Center.
Workflows define the steps necessary to resolve the tasks in a campaign. A workflow is composed of states, linked to each other by transitions.
- Campaign owners: can be technical or business users:
- Technical users are in charge of populating campaigns created on the Talend Data Stewardship server with actual data by using Talend Jobs and output governed data to target systems.
- Business users are in charge of creating campaigns and data models on the Talend Data Stewardship server. They organize, supervise and monitor the tasks they assign to data stewards. Campaign owners can participate as data stewards.
- Data stewards: Business users in charge of resolving data stewardship tasks. they
classify data by assigning a label chosen among a predefined list of arbitration choices.
curate one or several fields of the task record by fixing invalid values or by providing missing values for example.
merge several potential duplicate records into one single record.
They do not need to have particular technical skills.
- Two-state workflow: Defines one initial state and one final state where the newly created tasks are picked up by a given steward, handled and then marked as resolved.
- Three-state workflow: Defines one initial state, a validation state and one final state. The newly created tasks are picked up by a given steward, handled and then forwarded to another steward in charge of approving the task resolution before they are marked as resolved.