Double-click the tFileInputMSPositional
component to show its Basic settings view
and define its properties.
- In the File name/Stream field, type in the path to the input file. Also, you can click the [...] button to browse and choose the file.
- In the Header Field Position field, enter the start-end position for the schema identifier in the input file, 0-1 in this case as the first character in each row is the schema identifier.
- Click the [+] button twice to added two rows in the Records table.
Click the cell under the Schema column to
show the [...] button.
Click the [...] button to show the schema naming box.
Enter the schema name and click OK.
The schema name appears in the cell and the schema editor opens.
- Define the schema car_owner, which has four columns: schema_id, car_make, owner and age.
Repeat the steps to define the schema car_insurance, which has four columns: schema_id, car_owner, age and
- Connect tFileInputMSPositional to the car_owner component with the Row > car_owner link, and the car_insurance component with the Row > car_insurance link.
- In the Header value column, type in the schema identifier value for the schema, 1 for the schema car_owner and 2 for the schema car_insurance in this case.
- In the Pattern column, type in the length of each field in the schema, the number of characters, number, etc in each field, 1,8,10,3 for the schema car_owner and 1,10,3,3 for the schema car_insurance in this case.
- In the Skip from header field, type in the number of beginning rows to skip, 2 in this case as the two rows in the beginning just describes the two schemas, instead of the values.
- Choose Table (print values in cells of a table) in the Mode area of the components car_owner and car_insurance.