Before you begin
Before configuring a notification message, you must configure the SMTP protocol of your email server. For more information on how to configure the SMTP protocol, see Setting up an SMTP protocol.
On the Notifications page, click
Add on the toolbar to create a new
On the Notification panel to the right, set the
Select the Tasks category from the drop-down list.
Select the type of the event for which to send the notification:
Select On task failed from the drop-down list to send an alert when the task monitored encounters an error.
Select this check box to activate the notification service.
Click to add a new recipient of the notification messages.
Click to add one by one the tasks to monitor, or click the Select All button to send an email when any of the tasks fail.
- Click to show the Mails Selection dialog box.
- Select the check box(es) next to the user(s) to be added to the notification Recipients list.
- Click Apply to close the dialog box and return to the Notifications page.
If you click the
button, select the check box(es) corresponding to the tasks to be monitored on
the Tasks Selection list that pops up.
ExampleIf you click the Select All button, an email is sent when any of the tasks fail.
- Click Apply to close the dialog box and go back to the Notifications page.
- On the Notifications page, click Save to validate the changes or click Cancel to ignore them.