About this task
The tDotNetRow component invokes methods of a .Net object created by a tDotNetInstantiate component and passes the output (if any) to the next component. This component can also create .Net objects, which can also be reused by subsequent components.
In the Basic settings of the tDotNetRow component, take the following steps.
Add columns in the schema by clicking the Edit schema
button or using the schema propagated to this component. You need to specify one
of the columns of the schema for holding the output value (if any) using the
Output value target column drop-down list.
- Select Propagate data to output to pass the data from input to output.
Take either of the following two options.
- If you have deployed a tDotNetInstantiate component for creating the .Net object, select Use an existing instance and select the component from the Existing instance to use drop-down list to refer the corresponding .Net object.
- You can also create a new .Net object for use. To achieve this, make sure Use an existing instance is not select, set DLL to load, Fully qualified class name, Method Name, and Value(s) to pass to the constructor options as needed.
- Provide the name of the method to invoke in the Method Name field.
Provide the parameter values for the method in rows of the Method
Parameters filed. As prompted, you can use input row values as
parameter values (for example, input_row.column_name).
- For information about other options of this component, refer to Talend Components Reference Guide.
- See Utilizing .NET in Talend section in Talend Components Reference Guide for an example of this article.