- Data Integration Bonita components, tBonitaDeploy and tBonitaInstantiateProcess
- API services connected to your Bonita instance
Talend Studio provides a BPM perspective where workflows can be defined, laid out and shared in a graphical format. In this perspective, you can define what steps are necessary, and in what order, to complete a workflow.
Talend Studio also provides you with a workflow wizard that simplifies the creation of a workflow.
Before working with workflows in your Studio, make sure you have installed the BPM packages by selecting the Talend MDM - Bonita BPM Integration (Required) option in the Additional Talend Packages dialog box.
For more information, see the related description of installing additional Talend packages in Talend Installation Guide.
By default, when reading or writing values of a record through the mdm_context variable, the permissions checks are performed on the current assigned user of a task.
- For non-human tasks, there is no associated user, when directly reading or writing
values of a record through the mdm_context variable, you can
- use the
setBypassSecuritymethod to bypass security checks, by enclosing your code between the following two lines to disable then re-enable security checks.
mdm_context.setBypassSecurity(true); // disabling ... mdm_context.setBypassSecurity(false); // enabling again
- use the
setUpdateUsermethod to set a valid user prior to performing read or write actions and reset the current user to nothing after that, without having to bypass the permissions checks.
mdm_context.setUpdateUser("username"); // specify a given user as the current one .... mdm_context.setUpdateUser(null); // reset the current user to nothing
- use the
- For human tasks,
- when executing read or write operations through the
mdm_context variable, the current assigned user is
automatically used to verify read or write permissions onto the values. If you
want to use another user, you can overwrite it by using the
- when outside the operations, for example, in a local variable, there is no assigned user, which is similar to non-human tasks.
- when executing read or write operations through the mdm_context variable, the current assigned user is automatically used to verify read or write permissions onto the values. If you want to use another user, you can overwrite it by using the
Once a workflow is created, you can deploy it directly into the MDM perspective of Talend Studio. A Process based on the workflow can then be generated to initiate human or machine interventions on master data records in a specific business entity. You can also set specific security access rights for users when they update master data through a workflow process.
You can export all the workflows created in the BPM perspective which is part of the Studio or export the Repository items as needed in the MDM perspective. Meanwhile, you can import workflows either from files in the BPM perspective or from MDM server and zip files in the MDM perspective.