Before you begin
- You have logged in to your Okta organization as a user with administrative privileges.
- You have selected the Classic UI.
- Click the Admin button.
- Click Add Applications, then click the Create New App button.
- Select SAML 2.0, then click Create.
- In the General Settings step, enter a name, for example Talend Data Catalog, then click Next.
Fill in the SAML settings, as follows:
Field Description Single sign on URL http://<hostname>:<port>/<application_name>/MM/Auth
For example: http://localhost:11480/MM/Auth
Audience URI (SP Entity ID) <hostname>For example: localhostNote: The product now uses only the host name as the SP's entity ID. You should ensure that the audience restriction on the Okta server side should match the service provider's entity ID. Otherwise, the application server will no longer authenticate using SAML OKTA.
In the Attribute Statements area, add the user
attributes, as follows:
Name Value user.email Login user.login FullName user.firstName + " " + user.lastName
- Click Next and Finish.
In the Sign On tab, copy the Identity
Provider metadata link.
You need this information to configure SAML in your application.
You are now ready to configure the SAML server in Talend Data Catalog.
For more information on how to set up a SAML application in Okta, refer to the Okta documentation.