Before installing Talend Data Catalog, make sure the machines you are using meet the following requirements.
The actual requirements for enterprise wide use cases based on larger models and configurations require significantly greater resources to obtain acceptable performance.
These requirements are based on:
- minimal to no network overhead (assuming both the database and application servers to be locally installed),
- default install of the current version of the software (with all current service or fix packs),
- no other applications sharing such as hardware (starting from a clean machine).
Any other hardware or software configurations are acceptable as long as they provide the same results on the provided performance benchmark. In such case, if any problem is discovered, such as scalability or performance issues, then the customer must be able to reproduce the issue using an environment that conforms to the minimum performance requirements.
Potential known issues include the following:
- actual usable hardware performance on virtual environments (such as VMWare configuration and licenses),
- network overhead on remote servers (such as bandwidth, proxy, VPN issues or VMWare inter OS network limitations without a proper license),
- shared resources with competing applications on the same OS, or between OS on a virtual environment,
- licensing limitations (such as most database server licenses limit the number of usable core/CPU),
- vendor software known limitations and requirements (such as Oracle on VMWare vs Oracle VM).