You can export one or more semantic types from your source environment so that they are ready to be imported into the target environment. The source and target environments should belong to the same product version.
When you export a compound semantic type which references other semantic types, only the names of the references to the children types are exported.
Before you begin
- You have a Platform license.
- Log in to Talend Data Stewardship as a campaign owner, or Talend Data Preparation with any of the user roles.
- Select Semantic types in the left panel, point to the semantic type you want to export and click the export icon displayed to the right.
- To export all the semantic types listed in the page, select the Select all check box or select the check boxes next to the group of semantic types you want to export.
- Click Export semantic type.
In the open dialog box, click OK to save a local copy of
the semantic types in a .json file.
The .json file is saved on your local system with a name following the below templates whether you export several semantic types or one respectively:
<number of exported semantic types>_Semantic_Types_<export_timestamp>
<semantic type label>_<export_timestamp>
The export date and time are in the format
The semantic types are exported in a .json file. You can now import the file into the target environment or subsequent minor releases.