About this task
- In the Repository view, extend the Metadata drop-down menu.
- Click Db Connections, and then right-click Create Connection .
Give a name to your connection.
- Click Next.
Set up the connection configuration similarly to the following table:
Select Horton Works.
HDInsight is leveraging Horton Works distribution on the backend. This will allow you to use Horton Works libraries to connect to HDInsighs.
Select Hortonworks Data Platform V188.8.131.52-8 [Built in].
Fill in the fields as required.
You will be able to communicate through the proxy port since the HDInsight cluster sits behind a proxy by default.
Additional JDBC SettingInput transportMode=http;ssl=true;httpPath=/hive2, where:
- transportMode=http sets the transport mode to HTTP instead of the default Hive JDBC transport mode.
- SSL=true enables SSL.
- httpPath=/hive2 sets the HTTP endpoint.
- Click Test Connection to ensure the Talend Studio connects successfully to the cluster.