Double-click tHiveCreateTable to open its
- Select the Use an existing connection check box and from Component list, select the connection configured in the tHiveConnection component you are using for this Job.
- Click the button next to Edit schema to open the schema editor.
button four times to add four rows and in the Column column, rename them to Id, FirstName, LastName and
Note that you cannot use the Hive reserved keywords to name the columns, such as location or date.
- In the Type column, select the type of the data in each column. In this scenario, Id is of the Integer type, Reg_date is of the Date type and the others are of the String type.
- In the DB type column, select the Hive type of each column corresponding to their data types you have defined. For example, Id is of INT and Reg_date is of TIMESTAMP.
- In the Data pattern column, define the pattern corresponding to that of the raw data. In this example, use the default one.
- Click OK to validate these changes.