About this task
You can configure whether to share libraries to the local libraries repository at Talend Studio startup. You can also set preferences for Talend Studio to check for updates of custom libraries on the Artifact repository server.
- From the menu bar, click Preferences dialog box. to open the
- Expand the Talend and Artifact Repository nodes in succession and then click Libraries to display the relevant view.
If needed, select the Share libraries to artifact repository at
startup check box to share libraries to the local libraries
repository at Talend Studio startup.
Note that if you want to share libraries to the local libraries repository, you need to first configure the repository in your management system, Talend Management Console (for Cloud) or Talend Administration Center (for on-premises). For more information, see Configuring the artifact repository from Talend Management Console or Setting up the user library location.
By default, the Share libraries to artifact repository at startup check box is cleared to improve the start-up performance of Talend Studio. You can share libraries after starting Talend Studio by clicking on the Modules view. For more information, see Installing external modules.
In the Jars check frequency field, specify how often you
want Talend Studio to
check for updates according to your needs:
- -1 if you don't want your Talend Studio to check for updates at all.
- 0 if you want Talend Studio to check for updates at any action that needs a Jar or Jars, for example when a Job is built or executed from Talend Studio.
- the number of days between two checks.
- Click Apply to apply your changes; click Apply and Close to validate the settings and close the Preferences dialog box.