The datasets you have added to Talend Cloud Data Inventory can easily be used as source for pipelines or raw material for preparations.
The dataset list and the dataset detailed view are direct entry points to the other Talend Cloud applications, namely Talend Cloud Pipeline Designer and Talend Cloud Data Preparation, so that you can seamlessly cleanse or further transform your data assets.
To create a pipeline or preparation from a dataset, you have
- From the dataset list, hover over the dataset you want to use as source
material for a pipeline or preparation.
- From the dataset detailed view, go to the top right of
the sub-header bar.
- From the dataset overview, go to the Pipelines or Preparations tiles.
- From the dataset list, hover over the dataset you want to use as source material for a pipeline or preparation.
From there you can either:
According to the application that you select, existing pipelines or preparations that have been created from this dataset will be listed with their creator.
- Click the Talend Cloud Pipeline Designer icon or go to the Pipelines tile if you want to start designing a pipeline with this dataset as source.
- Click the Talend Cloud Data Preparation icon
or go to the Preparations tile to
start working on a preparation using this data as source material.Warning: Hierarchical type datasets are not supported by Talend Cloud Data Preparation, so you will not be able to create preparations from them.
In the case of preparations, in addition to the list of existing ones, you will also be able to see the list of compatible preparations. These preparations have been created on a dataset that has the same model as the dataset you have currently selected, and you can click the Use button to directly apply it.
- Click Add to create the new pipeline or preparation.