- In the Menu tree view, click Projects to display the Projects page.
- Select the project for which you want to create one or more branches.
On the toolbar, click the Branch
The Branch management dialog box opens.
ExampleThe Git tree of project '<ProjectName>' area shows the structure of the project: all existing branches and their names.Before creating branches for a project stored on Git, the Git tree of project '<ProjectName>' lists only the trunk which is the main development branch. Later, all created branches/tags will be listed in this tree.
From the Source field,
select the trunk or the branch from which you want to copy the data.
When you create a branch for the first time, the only source possible is the trunk as it contains the main development branch. Then the Source list will include all created branches.
- In the Target field, type in the name of the branch you want to create.
- Click create.
The created branch is listed under the branches node in the Git project tree.
Now, the project has two different branches: the trunk/master and a newly created branch.
Once branches are created for a project:
- you can add an execution task to trigger a Job stored in a specific branch of the project. For more information, see Adding an ESB execution task and Adding an execution server;
- users of Talend Studio can switch from the trunk to a branch or copy an item from a branch to another branch or a tag.